The NFU's Turkey Finder postcode search tool, hosted on our Countryside website, helps members of the public to find their local producer.
In 2019, the Turkey Finder was viewed 12,000 times in the first week of December alone, at the culmination of last year's #BuyMyTurkey social media campaign. It is a great way for NFU members to promote their businesses and also champion British farming.
The Turkey Finder has had a revamp for 2020, and now includes an interactive map to make it even easier for users to locate their nearest producers.
NFU turkey group chairman Michael Bailey said:
“The NFU Turkey Finder is a fantastic free promotional tool for any farm fresh turkey business selling direct to the consumer from the farm gate.
"The online postcode search tool is easy to use and directs new customers to your business, with options to display your website, phone number and email address.
"The latest update to the Turkey Finder has made the search tool even more user friendly, making it easier for customers to find your business details which is beneficial as the highest margins will always be from direct sales at the farm gate."
You may also be interested in:
- NFU Turkey Shop: Order your merchandise now
- Insights from the NFU's 2020 Turkey Marketing Meeting
- NFU seeks evidence for alternative quarantine arrangements for seasonal poultry workers
- COVID-19: What are the impacts on poultry processing facilities?
- The NFU's latest Poultry Highlights newsletter
More from NFUonline:
- NFU complaint to BBC on impartiality breach upheld
- NFU President writes to Times on food standards
- NFU President meets PM Boris Johnson to stress need for action on food and farming standards
- Our food standards campaign: The journey so far
- NFU report calls for future policies to reward farmers for maintaining and improving landscapes
- NFU Live: Events from the NFU this autumn
- Watch now: Your weekly video update from the President