The guidance draws together existing regulatory requirements and good practice and does not supersede other rules such as the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) Regulations and the Farming Rules for Water.
Why should I download this document?
The Key Actions for Farmers document provides a list of actions all in one place that are a mix of:
- Regulatory requirements
- Requirements if you're receiving farm payments
- Good practice you should consider for your business
They will help you to:
- Increase profitability by reducing inputs and minimising waste
- Reduce and manage business risks through compliance
- Meet funding requirements or access specific grants and loans
- Address concerns about plastic pollution
- Demonstrate your contribution to combating climate change
- Leave a legacy by planning for the future of the farm
- Enhance credibility with customers, retailers and the local community
Based on the key actions, a further advice sheet has been created specifically for farmers with advice on managing agricultural plastic waste.