Public rights of way and BPS

Published 23 April 2020

Farm business
Bridleway Gate access footpath right of way_58874

With all the spring drilling currently underway, we’ve put together a timely reminder of the cross compliance rules covering public rights of way.

The briefing covers what the minimum width should be, how long you have to reinstate them and waymarking signs.

NFU members: Click here to download the briefing

This briefing is accessible to NFU members only and you will be asked to log in.

How to log in: Use your membership number or the email address associated with your membership to log in. If you've forgotten your password, you can click here to reset it or contact NFU CallFirst on 0370 845 8458.

More from NFUonline:


Ask us a question about this page

Once you have submitted your query our NFU CallFirst team will contact you and, if appropriate, your question will be passed on to one of our policy teams.

By completing the form with your details on this page, you are agreeing to have this information sent to the NFU for the purposes of contacting you regarding your enquiry. Please take time to read the NFU’s Privacy Policy if you require further information.