Over the past few months the RPA has been focused on payment processing for both Countryside Stewardship (CS) and Environmental Stewardship (ES). The payment window opened on 1 December 2020 and runs through until the end of June 2021. Additionally, the RPA has been focused on processing CS applications in order to deliver agreement offers (for agreements that began on 1 January 2021).
Restrictions caused by the pandemic continue. Although this does not seem to be hindering the RPA’s ability to process and deliver the suite of services they provide.
The application window will re-open for new CS applicants in February 2021.
At the end of November, the agricultural transition plan was published, setting out details for the next few years of agri-environment schemes.
More from NFUonline:
- EFRA Committee opens air quality inquiry - NFU submits views
- NFU report calls for future policies to reward farmers for maintaining and improving landscapes
- Future environmental support: Your questions answered
- What the NFU is doing to help members
- NFU Live: Events from the NFU this autumn
- Watch now: Your weekly video update from the President