The NFU is unique in surveying more than 800 members to show the true picture of broadband and mobile coverage for farmers.
Our 2017 survey results show that only 9% of respondents had superfast broadband speeds and only 15% had reliable mobile phone signal on their farm.
The NFU has called on the government to make the digital economy universal so that every farming business can access future-proofed superfast broadband at speeds they can afford and use mobile technology across the farm.
- See also: Utilities and Infrastructure
- NFU farm survey results
- Member case studies
- How broadband infrastructure works
- Why farming needs broadband and mobile infrastructure
- What the government is offering
- Possible solutions and how the NFU believes we can get farms connected
You can also read our One Year On report here for further updates from 2016.