The NFU's policy and commodity advisers are working to provide up to date advice on the issues impacting members as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.
The links on this page will signpost you to the guidance on that topic and will open the advice on a new page.
- Advice for employers
- Access to labour
- Key workers
- BPS and environmental schemes
- Animal health concerns
- Driving and vehicles
- Access to PPE
- Farm events, training and audits
- Should I allow a utility operator on my farm or into my house?
- Will HSE farm inspections continue to take place during the coronavirus outbreak?
- Guidance for food businesses
- Guidance for beekeepers
- What help is available with water and wastewater bills?
- Coronavirus Regulations: What are the restrictions and do they apply to me?
When do restrictions apply? Can I open my business? What are the restrictions on people's movements? Find out in the member briefing here (updated 10 July).
The information on this page outlines the £330bn emergency rescue package announced by Chancellor, Rishi Sunak MP on March 17 2020. It also includes other measures announced since that date.
- Job retention scheme
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)
- Other government backed guaranteed loans
- Business rates relief
- Self-employment support scheme
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) reimbursement
- Self-assessment (income tax)
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Hardship Fund
- Grant funding
- Other support
- Tenancies: Protection from eviction
- Company accounts filing extension
- Annual leave carry over
- Proposed support for credit borrowers
- De minimis aid schemes – employment allowance from 2019/20
Farmed environment issues
- Contacting Natural England
- Contacting the Environment Agency
- Contacting the Forestry Commission
- Pest management
- Moorland burning
- How will this affect supply contracts?
- What about extending credit to buyers?
- Will there be a relaxation of enforcement of conditions relating to food distribution?
- What are the changes to competition law?
- Will there be a relaxation on drivers’ hours for the delivery of food?
- What about access to welfare facilities for delivery drivers?