In the run up to the end of the transition period, Defra has carried out a series of webinars on the changes to plant trade from 1 January 2021.
You can watch them again below and also download the presentations.
These will be of help those who import and export plants and plant products between Great Britain (GB), the European Union (EU) and Northern Ireland (NI).
The topics covered included:
- what you need to do to import/export plants and plant products between GB and the EU and NI
- what you need to do to move plants internally in GB
- steps you need to take before 31 December 2020
- guidance, documents, and links
- support and advice opportunities available
The webinars do not cover IT systems. Defra has announced that videos and user guidance on IT systems is due to be released shortly.
Internal movement of plants and plant products within GB
This webinar was for traders who move plants and plant products internally within GB under the UK Plant Passporting scheme (previously the EU plant passporting scheme)
Imports of plants and plant products, EU to GB
This webinar was for importers of plants and plant products from the EU to GB
Exports of plants and plant products, GB to EU
This webinar is for exporters of plants and plant products from GB to the EU.
You might also be interested in:
- See the NFU’s briefing for changes to UK-EU trade in plants and plant products from 1 January 2021
- Brexit: Important information British plant growers need to know now if they import from the EU