The latest Defra report on the learnings from the Environmental Land Management scheme (ELMS) test and trails is now available online to read.
Defra produces the report every quarter. These tests look at specific design questions and issues such as: how much advice is required or the structure of payments in ELMs. The test and trial (T&T) findings then get used to inform the design of ELMs which is due to launch for all farmers in 2024.
The latest report covers the period June to September 2020.
The full Defra report can be found here.
More from NFUonline:
- EFRA Committee opens air quality inquiry - NFU submits views
- NFU report calls for future policies to reward farmers for maintaining and improving landscapes
- Future environmental support: Your questions answered
- What the NFU is doing to help members
- NFU Live: Events from the NFU this autumn
- Watch now: Your weekly video update from the President