On 20 October 2020 around 250 people took part in an Avian Influenza webinar organised by the Poultry Health and Welfare Group (PHWG).
The session was aimed at both commercial and backyard poultry keepers, covering biosecurity, disease information, what happens during an outbreak, the potential impact on the commercial poultry sector and a Q&A session featuring Chief Veterinary Officer Christine Middlemiss.
Watch a recording of the webinar here:
More from NFUonline:
- Avian Influenza: What to do if you are in a Restricted, Protection or Surveillance Zone
- Highly Pathogenic H5N8 Avian Influenza confirmed in UK
- Avian influenza cases rise in Europe
- Read the latest news and advice on the NFU’s avian influenza pages
- Download the NFU’s guide to avian influenza here
- The latest avian influenza updates from Defra can be found here
- Avian Influenza - read Defra's quarterly report