A coalition of farming organisations and representatives is urging all dairy farmers to respond to the once in a lifetime opportunity to bring change to the sector and get involved in the government’s consultation on dairy contracts.
The landmark consultation closes this Tuesday (September 15) and presents the dairy industry with its most important conversation in a quarter of a century.
The coalition, made up of NFU, NFU Cymru, NFU Scotland, Ulster Farmers’ Union, Holstein UK, Royal Association of British Dairy Farmers, The Tenant Farmers’ Association, Kite Consulting, Promar, and the Farmers’ Union of Wales, want all dairy farmers to take part – even those who are happy with their current contract terms.
A statement said:
“This is a final opportunity for dairy farmers to really make their voices heard and shape the future of the UK dairy sector. We urge you all to stand up and be counted.
“Our different organisations will all be submitting responses as well, but we need dairy farmers to engage in this important discussion to find the best way forward for our industry.”
You might also be interested in:
- Dairy contracts regulation: Your questions answered
- Read our five key points for a contracts reform
- Watch again: NFU dairy contracts webinar
- How to complete the dairy contracts consultation
More from NFUonline:
- Climate Assembly UK report highlights agriculture's net zero aspirations
- NFU presses MPs to back British farming in future trade deals
- Prime Minister and Labour leader show support for farming on Back British Farming Day
- NFU calls for change in law to help tackle rural crime