The NFU is proud to launch its new Student & Young Farmer Ambassador Programme. We’re looking for 8-12 enthusiastic students or young farmers across England and Wales to represent the NFU and experience the best of what it has to offer.
What the programme will entail:
This programme is a year-long series of events designed to give young people the opportunity to engage with the work of the NFU and to put their own stamp on the future of British farming.
Why take part?
- This is an opportunity to become an influential member of the UK's biggest farming membership organisation
- Network with like-minded individuals from different localities and farming sectors
- Experience new aspects of the agriculture industry, including engagement with the media, supply chain, other sectors and how politics can impact agriculture
- It will be an amazing asset to add to your CV and a way to engage with NFU boards and forums
- It’s an opportunity to promote yourself, your college or your business locally and nationally
What's the application criteria?
- Be an NFU Student & Young Farmer member (It's free! Sign up at www.nfuonline.com/student)
- Aged between 18 and 26 years
- To be located in England or Wales
- Have a vested interest in farming and rural affairs
- Available to attend all events with confirmed dates (see timetable below)
- Those with an interest in speaking to the media or writing content for #StudentFarmer magazine
What does it cost?
The NFU and its sponsors will ensure that the programme is free for participants. All food, overnight stays and reasonable travel expenses will be covered as long as participants attend all events. Additional opportunities may arise throughout the course of the programme which are optional and can be undertaken at the participant’s own expense.
When do applications open?
Applications are open - click here to apply now. But remember to visit www.nfuonline/student and make sure you're registered as an NFU Student & Young Farmer member if you're not already.
Applications close on 5 July 2019. The NFU will contact successful applicants regarding the next stage in mid-July.