Our monthly Brexit Update newsletter covers the latest political developments, the implications for NFU members and the work the NFU is doing on members' behalf.
In this edition:
- Defra publishes major proposals for future of UK agriculture
- Theresa May outlines UK aims for a future economic partnership with the EU
- Labour weighs in on future EU trade arrangements, highlighting the “trade dilemma”
- Home Office announces rights for EU citizens during Brexit transition
- European Commission publishes view of terms of UK exit
- UK farming unions presidents meet in Brussels
- NFU reaction to the Government’s consultation paper on the future of UK agricultural policy
- NFU sets out how members can get involved in response to Defra’s future policy proposals
- NFU responds to Parliament inquiry on trade with developing countries
- NFU Director General gives evidence to House of Lords discussions on Brexit and food security
- NFU organises major conference uniting the UK food & farming sector to highlight Brexit impact on home-grown production
- EU young farmers come together at NFU to discuss future after Brexit
Members can read the newsletter here (you will be asked to log in).