Emergency authorisation for the use of asulam for bracken control was granted for the 2020 season but only for aerial application, with new restrictions on the required buffer area against watercourse.
This has now been reviewed. The increased buffer zone of 90m from a watercourse remains in place, however ground-based application on land in agri-environment schemes or designated for conservation is now permitted.
More from NFUonline:
- NFU responds to Shortage Occupation List consultation
- WATCH: A message from the President
- Achieving net zero - meeting the climate change challenge
- NFU responds to Dominic Lawson's column in the Sunday Times
- One million people sign food standards petition
- Have your say on sky lanterns
- Waitrose commits to maintain high food standards
- Coronavirus: What is the NFU doing to help you?