Industry data suggests that less than 35% of UK farmers have had any formal management training. Only 5% of agricultural businesses have dedicated HR support.
Even a small amount of leadership training can return significant benefits. A study of two programmes offered by AHDB suggested attendees achieved a return of £13 in business gains for every £1 spent.
We're supporting the Agri Leadership Week campaign, which is organised by:
- Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust
- Institute for Agricultural Management
- The Worshipful Company of Farmers
- The Farmers Club Charitable Trust
Competition – win a 121 mentoring session
As part of Agri Leadership Week, you could win a free session with an industry-leading mentor to help further your development.
To enter the competition, just make a pledge on how you will make a positive change to improve your leadership skills. This could be listening to a podcast, reading a book, or signing up to a training course.
- Find out how to make your pledge at AHDB's web page about #AgriLeadershipWeek.
- You can sign up for leadership and development courses at The Council for Awards of Royal Agricultural Societies website.